Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Destination: ROTHERA



Finally flew down to Rothera yesterday. This was my first view of an iceberg. It's in the bottom left of the pic. The difference is that it's surrounded by sea ice so I'm not sure if it counts as a 'berg or not. The co-pilot was unaware of the 5-second rule so I managed to steal his seat and took pictures like an american tourist on speed.




My hoose for the next year and a half! It's the most spectacular place I've ever been by a factor of lots. Not an accolade given out lightly after living in Bethesda for the summer.... I took this one staggering back to my room after a couple of welcome beers. At 1am......




Went out for a cruise in the 'cat this afternoon. The peaks in the background are in fact islands surrounded by sea ice. Which won't last much longer with the heat today - I was stripped down to my last fleece. Sunburn is a real issue too since there isn't an ozone layer above our heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home