Friday, January 06, 2006

Art in Antarctica



The artist on this year's Artist & Writer Programne is Layla Curtis. For the last couple of weeks, we've been wandering around looking for crevasses, then abseiling and lowering cameras into them. For the full story, click on the link to Layla's website in the links section.



I've been helping her out with my duct-taping and bodging skills. The quid pro quo is that she is responsible for the new look and the technological advances of this blog. You didn't think I did it myself did you? And I will change the strap-line just as soon as I work out how.



The sea-ice has really been breaking up which changes the feel of the base. We're pretty much surrounded by sea now. It also means there is a lot more wildlife, especially penguins, around. They also only ever seem to cross the runway when planes are approaching so I've been honing my herding techniques recently.






And Happy New Year. One down, one to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home